Downtown Burger Battle: Mackenzie River’s THE Pizza Burger
January 31st marked the end of #BurgerBattle21. The winner was announced earlier today (Congrats Papa Woody's) However, I sampled a few more burgers over this past weekend so even though the Downtown Burger Battle is technically over, I have to give you my two cents.
This year there were 24 burgers competing. Challenge accepted.
I've previously told you all about:
- The Farmer's Breakfast Burger at Wiley's
- Sriracha Chili Bacon Cheese Burger at Phillips Avenue Diner
- Burger Wellington at Bread & Circus
- The Santa Fe Chimi Burger at The Holiday Inn City Centre
- Dr. Love at Pave
- The Golden Porker at Blarney Stone
- The Uptowner at Papa Woody's
- BURGER #5-ATTN: It's messy at DaDa Gastropub
- The Toon Burger at Falls Landing
- The Who Dat Burger from Swamp Daddy's Cajun Kitchen
- The Ode to Dill-icious from Ode to Food and Drink
#12 for me was THE Pizza Burger from Mackenzie River.
THE Pizza Burger is described as, "A delicious all-beef patty pizza seasoned, topped with a flattop melted mozzarella cheese hood, sautéed red onion, red and green peppers, pepperoni slices and Italian sausages. A dollop of marinara sauce finishes. Comes with a side of ranch parmesan fries and MORE marinara sauce for dipping!"
This definitely wasn't your mom's pizza burger or whatever my school lunch called a pizza burger. The bun was buttered and grilled and had their signature brand on top! Love that.
I mean, if you like pizza, then you'll love this burger. I, personally, love onions and bell peppers so I thought that was great on a burger. Plus, they added a lot of color to the burger. They say we eat with our eyes first!
And, I say this every year, I know it's not a fries contest, but these ranch parmesan fries were great. Especially, with that extra side of marinara for dipping! Yum!
I, honestly, could have used more pepperoni and Italian sausage. But, I'm a Supreme Pizza kind of girl so I like ALL the toppings.
Leaders Park Sioux Falls