Cheapest Thing You’ve Ever Done
Some call it cheap, I call it frugal.
I cut my conditioner bottle in half so that I could get every last drop out. Is that cheap? I don't care. I'm using all that conditioner!
I found out I wasn't alone in my frugality. Listeners texted in and left us messages on social media telling us that they do the same thing and shared other cheap hacks!
- We add milk to the Hershey's [Syrup bottle] to get the last of it out.
- We reuse containers from Teriyaki Madness. Great containers.
- I also fold and save all tissue paper that I have gotten in gifts
- Driving neutral on hills because I assume it saves gas.
- At buffets, I've lied and said my kids were a year younger. Guilty.
- My boss is Dutch...We had a work meeting with supper catered in and he brought his own Tupperware to take food home for his dinner and supper the next day
- The face cream I use is a pump, and at the end of it I take the top off and use a Q-Tip to get the rest out. It’s got a good 5 days left that way.
- I do the same thing with my lotion - only after I cut it open I use a butter knife to get it out and put it in the new bottle because those never come full.
- lol, I buy a new bottle and wait for the new bottle to get down a little bit then pour the old bottle into the new bottle (set it up upside down to drain into the new bottle). Why waste it?
- I use Bare Minerals makeup. Their face primer is $20-something for a small bottle. So when I can’t get any more from the pump, I cut the bottle in half. There is literally so much in there it lasts another month.
- Lie bout my kids ages so I can get a cheaper rate at a movie theatre or theme park.
- My husband is becoming impressed with the take-out containers from various restaurants and thinks we need to keep them. I don’t disagree, but we have ample amounts of ACTUAL containers to use.
So there you have it. I'm not that cheap after all. Or, at least, I'm in good company!
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Odd Items Found On a Sioux Falls Walk