The Last ‘Big Thing’ You Did in The Before Times
Facebook Memories reminded me that on February 21st, 2020 I went to a KISS concert with my dad. I realized that was the last concert I went to before everything started shutting down.
Can you believe March marks one year of everything starting to shut down? This last year has gone super fast and drug on at the same time.
Hopefully, the end is in sight. *fingers crossed*
So, I asked our listeners what their 'last big thing' was in the before times:
- Nathaniel Ratliff & the Night Sweats with Trampled By Turtles opening!
- Post Malone and skillet all in the same month beginning of February last year
- Korn and Breaking Benjamin
- Cardi B, Kevin Gates, and Saweetie in Lincoln Nebraska
- John Legend
- The Daytona 500
- Disney on Ice. WAHOO!
- The last concert I went to was the Zac Brown Band
- I went to a reggae festival that had atmosphere, grieves, Slightly Stoopid omg it was a blast and I got to meet grieves and got a picture in Lake Tahoe
- The last big thing was having a big 80th birthday party for my grandma. The following weekend the world shut down so glad we celebrated when we did!
- The Gully Boys during Wrestlepalooza last January at First Ave. Else Lindsey Stirling here in Dec '19
- Disney World
- Traveling around Ireland and England and got back a week before the airports shut down
- Hairball...Valentines Day 2020...Sioux City, IA. We all came home sick after...pretty sure it was the Rona!
- Paw patrol live
- I traveled to Mexico for my 30th bday on March 10th. We were one of the last planes back to the states on March 16 from Cancun. When we got back, there was NO TOILET PAPER and worst of all...no ramen noodles. It was like coming home to the walking dead set.
- Went on spring break to Chicago. I'll remember it for the mass tp shortage. Got calls from family to get some on the way home and literally from there to home was out.. good times.
- Bill Engvall @ Grand Falls Casino October(?) 2019
- Cruise to the Caribbean mid-February 2020. We miss cruising!
- My husband and I went to Spain on March 3 and came home on March 10
- There were these things called "Buffets" in the before times. You went to a restaurant and the food was laid out in front of you. You could take as much as you wanted! I went to one on February 2nd, 2020. It was glorious.
- not anything major, but for Valentine's Day 2020 my then fiance and I went bowling. It turned out to be one of the best valentines days we've ever had and I'm glad we have that because a month later on my birthday we chose to postpone our wedding due to Covid
- The last big thing we did was work on a feature film set in New Mexico. We were ready to start filming another major project locally, but then Covid... so yeah... now all film projects are on hold.
That was a pretty wide range of activities. I miss buffets too!
Wishing you all continued health, happiness, and patience.