Open House Weekend, Free Fishing at South Dakota State Parks
You can get a free preview of some summer fun South Dakota's state parks. You can take the family out to one of the parks you've never been to. Or introduce the kids to fishing.
The weekend of May 19 through 21 is the open house weekend at all of South Dakota's state parks. There will be free entrance to State Parks and no fishing licencees needed. Fish limits and camping fees still apply.
It's not just Custer State Park either, even thought that'd be a great time to finally make it out there. It's all the state parks. Here are the state parks in southeast South Dakota around Sioux Falls.
- Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve
- Beaver Creek Nature Area
- Big Sioux Recreation Area
- Chief White Crane Recreation Area
- Good Earth State Park
- Lake Alvin Recreation Area
- Lake Vermillion Recreation Area
- Lewis and Clark Recreation Area
- Newton Hills State Park
- Palisades State Park
- Pierson Ranch Recreation Area
- Spirit Mound Historic Prairie
- Springfield Recreation Area
- Union Grove State Park
Some of the parks in South Dakota will also be having special events. You can she what's going on and where on the Game Fish and Parks' website.