Firestarter: Times You Started Stuff on Fire
So, my morning started with almost starting my cubicle on fire!
My space heater was plugged into an extension cord at my cubicle and I was unplugging it to take it into the studio and sparks flew! I literally stopped and looked around to make sure nothing was on fire. Luckily, nothing was up in flames. Crisis averted.
I unplugged the cord and went about my day. But we asked our listeners about their fire stories! Boy, were there some good ones!
- One time I was practicing piano and I smelled something burning. I look over and my cat's tail was on fire
- One-Fourth of July my now husband and I were at the lake with a bunch of friends. He thought he would be a real smart butt and throw one of those big exploding bombs of a firework out the window of our car as we were leaving. He missed judged how far the window was down, add it bounced back on his lap where it exploded. It set both him and my car on fire. He was knocked out, somebody had to drag him out of the car. And another person grabbed a bucket of lake water to put out my car. Needless to say, he hates the Fourth of July and it's always panicky if he ever sees our kids near fireworks
- So when I was 6 years old I was hanging in my unattached garage. I was playing with matches and I remember starting a mattress on fire. I walked from my garage to my house 50 feet away. I walked into the house and my dad was doing the dishes and I remember him screaming for my mom that the GARAGE WAS ON FIRE!?! Nobody found out it was me for about 10 years what an idiot I was.
- I was making mac and cheese left the burner on simmer. You couldn't see the burner was on. It was a gas stove but in summer the flame was small. I left the house and the pan was still on the stove. Needless to say, my brother's house burned down. No one was hurt.
- A couple of years ago I turned the stove on to boil water eland walked away to do some other things around the house. About 15 minutes later I heard a loud "pop" that sounded like a gunshot. I walked out to the kitchen and realized I turned on the wrong burner and the cooking spray was sitting on top of the one I turned on. Fire on the stove, kitchen covered in oil.
- When I was 15 I was sneak smoking upstairs at my grandmas' we could hear someone coming up the steps so we flung the cigarette.... Well, my grandma collected Kerosene lamps and we started a whole wall on fire!! Still to this day my grandma thinks we knocked over a candle!
- Left the wrapper on the butter to "soften it". In microwave Started on fire. I took out. Tossed on the counter. Sparked electrical fire on cord to microwave that smoked so bad fire department came. AND then we found out there was a potential sinkhole in the street in front of our house. Bc the fire truck sank about a foot into the road. Lol. That was in 1995. There are still the marks from that part of our street being fixed.
Moral of the story. Be careful. And remember to stop, drop, and roll.