Charlotte Protests May Lead to Venue Change for Vikings, Panthers Game
Fox46 in Charlotte is reporting that the Panthers and the NFL are discussing a potential change of venue for this weekend's game. Where could they move it?
Recent protests in the Charlotte area have the Panthers looking at all options for this upcoming weekends game at Bank of America Stadium. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that there are many places to move the game on short notice. After some digging, here's some places that could possibly host it.
- US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis - Probably the easiest option to move the game as the venue will be empty this weekend.
- Mercedes Benz Superdome, New Orleans - The Saints host Monday Night Football against Atlanta. Beyonce will be performing at the Superdome on Saturday night. Might be a quick turnaround, but it would be possible to play a Sunday game there.
- Georgia Dome, Atlanta - Beyonce is taking over the south this weekend. She is also scheduled to play the Georgia Dome on Monday night. Sunday, however, is open for the Georgia Dome...question is if it's possible for Beyonce to get her set in.
- Camping World Stadium, Orlando - Orlando will be hosting a soccer game on Saturday, but they might have the best chance to take the game on Sunday.
- M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore - The Ravens will be on the road this weekend and the stadium they play in is wide open. No events are scheduled.
- FedExField, Landover MD - The Redskins are also on the road this week and one football game is taking place on Saturday. The venue would already be set up for a game on Sunday.
A move of the game is not made official at this point in time.