The 5 Best Things About Living in Hartford, South Dakota
The 5 Best Things About Living in Hartford South Dakota
TRENDING FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE SIOUX FALLS:
- Franklin Food Market in Sioux Falls Was Open on Christmas- The Reason is Surprising
- Man Tries To Pass More Fake Money At Sioux Falls Store
- Google Street View Car Spotted In Sioux Falls; See It Up Close
- Which State Has the Worst Winter? Nope, Not South Dakota
10 Really Strange Things That Are Still Illegal in South Dakota
Know Your South Dakota College and University Mascots
- What does it take to be a mascot?
- "Losing a bet or filling an opportunity!" Welch says, "An internal energized desire to love life. After meeting great performers who are introverts out of costume, they become the center of attention when they take the stage. And also feeding off the performance of others."
- Why does the mascot never talk?
- "Know your role and shut your mouth. You are there to entertain. Tell the story with your actions and not your voice."
- Advice to someone putting on that costume for the first time?
- "Remember you are now in a costume. Have fun. Otherwise, you're just a dork in tights. If the fur ain't flying you ain't trying."
I grew up in Sioux Falls and never thought that Hartford, South Dakota would one day be my home.
After going to college in Minneapolis and living in Nashville, my wife and I relocated back to South Dakota for our professions.
We eventually found the house we wanted in the Sioux Falls area, but it wasn't in Sioux Falls, we landed in Hartford, SD.
As we come upon our anniversary of living in Hartford, I've come up with a list of The 5 Best Things About Living in Hartford South Dakota.
The Hartford Steak House
Also known as the Hartford Steak Co., this Hartford gem is my favorite steak place in all of the Sioux Empire. Owned and operated by Kristin Blaine and her parents Todd and Diane Friese, this Hartford hot spot is a must-see! Prime Rib on the weekends and Filet Mignon during the week. Delicious!
Growing up I always envisioned getting as far away from the quiet of South Dakota as I could, but after living in downtown Minneapolis and downtown Nashville, its been very nice to experience a different style of living over the last few years. I always catch myself pausing at night when I step outside to really enjoy the tranquility a small community like Hartford can provide.
The one thing I would like to see Hartford get more of is fast food or quick dining options. Pizza Ranch though is one of my favorites. Plus since they deliver, it makes life so much easier in a small community where in a lot of cases people have to drive to the nearest city to get food like pizza. And the buffet is GREAT!
Central Valley Golf Course
It is so nice to have a golf course in your town. Not to mention one that is taken care of as well as Central Valley. I golf quite often out there and always enjoy my time on the course, even though I am a hack.
West Central School District
Not only is my wife employed there which you have to appreciate as a husband, but the fact that I have met some great people that work there and that attend school makes West Central a true bright spot in our community. I think the four schools within the school district are well maintained and well managed. Our oldest attends the West Central Elementary, and I can't wait for our other two younger boys to attend the West Central School District as well.