Seeing Green for St. Patty’s Day? That’s a Boozy Shamrock Skake. Here’s How to Make One.
Perhaps I'm late to the party, but have people been adding alcohol to Shamrock Shakes for long - or have I been under my Blarney stone?
Apparently this is a popular drink for the grand-daddy of all party holidays - and would also explain why Irish eyes are really smiling.
What are the Irish and non-Irish suppose to imbibe on for St. Patrick's Day? Our friends at Host the Toast have a beautiful and simple recipe guaranteed to bring out your inner leprechaun.
Introducing the Boozy Shamrock Shake:
- 1 (48oz) container vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup creme de menthe
- ⅓ cup Jameson whiskey
- ⅓ cup Bailey's Irish creme
- Whipped cream, to top (optional)
- Mint leaves and/or sprinkles, to garnish (optional)
- Add vanilla ice cream, creme de menthe, Jameson, and Bailey's to a blender. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into serving glasses and top each with whipped cream and garnish of your choice. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! Check out Host theToast.com for more great recipes and hosting ideas for your favorite foodies.