NO H8 Photo Shoot Coming To Sioux Falls
The NO H8 Campaign started back in 2008 in response to Proposition 8 being passed in California banning same-sex marriage.
Now, years later, the official mission statement of NO H8 declares, "The NOH8 Campaign is a charitable organization whose mission is to promote marriage, gender, and human equality through education, advocacy, social media, and visual protest."
The NO H8 website states, "The NOH8 Campaign is a photographic silent protest created by celebrity photographer Adam Bouska and partner Jeff Parshley in direct response to the passage of Proposition 8. Photos feature subjects with duct tape over their mouths, symbolizing their voices being silenced by Prop 8 and similar legislation around the world, with 'NOH8' painted on one cheek in protest."
Now, the campaign has broadened to 'stand against discrimination and bullying of all kinds.'
NO H8 is coming to Sioux Falls to host a photoshoot! You can get your very own iconic NO H8 portrait taken by Adam Bouska.
On Sunday, September 19, 2021, NO H8 will host a photoshoot at the Oak View Library located on East 3rd Street from 2 to 4 p.m.
A Single/Solo photo costs $40, whereas, a couple or group photo is $25 per person.
Here is how it works:
- Come early and prepared.
- Wear a white t-shirt and be camera-ready!
- Face masks are required except when actually getting a photo taken.
- Photos are first-come, first served.
- Be in line by 4 p.m. and you should still get your photo taken!
So, you're in line and ready, now what?
- Fill out model release for each person.
- Process your payment. Cash and credit only.
- Trade your processed model release for duct tape!
- Apply a NOH8 temporary tattoo for your photo.
- Each photo session consists of 5 to 10 frames.
- The best photo will be chosen and made available in about six weeks.
According to the Facebook Event page, "Funds raised by the NOH8 Campaign will be used to continue promoting and raising awareness for marriage and human equality as well as anti-discrimination and anti-bullying through NOH8’s interactive social media campaign. This includes bringing the campaign to other cities and countries around the world, creating and compiling images for our ongoing large-scale media campaign, and covering the costs of the daily operations and maintenance necessary to run this rapidly growing campaign out of our Burbank Headquarters."
13 Famous Iowans