John Legend and Kelly Clarkson Revamp ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ for 2019
"Baby, It's Cold Outside" has been under a lot of scrutiny the last few years for being a bit creepy.
While some argue that is just a flirty song that you can't take too seriously, others argue it's perpetuating rape culture.
Well, John Legend and Kelly Clarkson released a new version with revamped lyrics to show the progress we've made.
I kind of dig it. Some of the lyrics are actually kind of funny. Case and point:
- My mom will start to worry (I’ll call the car and tell him to hurry)
- My daddy will be pacing the floor (Wait, what are you still livin’ home for?)
Seriously though, why are you still living at home?!?!
Some of my other favorite lyrics changes are:
- If I have one more drink? (It’s your body and your choice)
- I simply should go (Text me when you get home)
- I’m supposed to say no (Mm, I guess that’s respectable)
- Say, lend me a coat (Oh, keep it girl, I don’t care)
However you feel about the original or the revamped version, I think we can all agree that there are way better Holiday songs out there that aren't controversial and everybody loves like "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey, "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by NSYNC, and "Underneath the Tree" by Kelly Clarkson.
I mean, "Baby, Its Cold Outisde" was never my favorite anyway.