Think Spring! Try These Family Fun Activities in Sioux Falls
Even though there is still some snow on the ground, spring has finally sprung in the Sioux Falls area. The temps are slowly rising and all that snow will be a distant memory.
Get our free mobile app
Now is the time to start thinking about getting out of the house and partaking in some fun family outdoor activities. Here is a short list of some family-friendly things to do in Sioux Falls in the spring:
- Visit Falls Park - What list would be complete without visiting the namesake of the city?
- Downtown Sculpture Walk - See over 60 sculptures from all over the world lining the streets in Downtown Sioux Falls. The sculptures change from time to time to keep things fresh.
- Ride on the Sioux Falls Bike Trail - Ride on nearly 29 miles of paved bike trail that circles most of the city.
- Butterfly House & Aquarium and the Great Plains Zoo - Both venues let you get up close to nature. See creatures from all over the world in a safe environment.
- Hike at Good Earth State Park - The park is one of the oldest sites of long-term human habitation in the country. Enjoy the natural beauty and history while hiking on one of the many trails.
The Ultimate Sioux Falls Visitor's Guide: A to Z
Sioux Falls has lots to explore; fun stuff for the whole family, food of every kind, educational opportunities, and more! If you have out-of-town guests visiting, show them around our city. Eat at places they've never eaten. Take them to places they'd never go. Take some great photos to post on social media (and don't forget the hashtag #HiFromSiouxFalls). We've even listed some cool hotels where they can stay if you don't have the room.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota. We call it the 'Sioux Empire.' It's the biggest city in the state with a population of nearly 200,000. We’re known for our namesake, Falls Park, along the Big Sioux River. Sioux Falls has received numerous accolades for its quality of life. We have been named the number one best place to rent in America. We’ve topped the list of Best States to Find a Job. Sioux Falls is the Best City in America for Young Professionals.
We've appeared on lists such as Most Charming Small Cities, Top 10 Place to Raise Kids, and even ranked 10th in the 2020 Top 100 Best Places to Live. We have an abundance of achievements and you can see them on the Sioux Falls Development Foundation's website.
It's a pretty awesome city and that's why we think you should come and visit. If you're coming on business or pleasure, we've put together a list of places to go and things to see. We know you want to explore the attractions the city is known for like Falls Park, the Arc of Dreams, and the Sculpture Walk, but there's a lot more to see and do than just the touristy (that's really a word) stuff. The best places to go are where the locals go and we have a not your average, ordinary visitor's guide.
Here's a list of over 100 things to do and places to go in Sioux Falls.
Click HERE for a list of all the places we mention and links to each one. Print it out or save it to your phone and use it as a reference when you're visiting. See you soon!