Game of Drones: No More Flying Them Over Mt. Rushmore
Getting a president's eye view of Mt. Rushmore just got a little more challenging. Drone owners have until Thursday, October 5 (2017) to fly their machines over South Dakota's most famous stone monument.
According to the Consumerist, the FAA is putting new restrictions in place restricting drone flights to at least 400 feet away from not only Mt. Rushmore, but also 9 other American landmarks.
- Statue of Liberty
- Boston National Historical Park (U.S.S. Constitution)
- Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia
- Folsom Dam in Folsom, California
- Glen Canyon Dam in Lake Powell, Arizona
- Grand Coulee Dam in the state of Washington
- Hoover Dam
- The St. Louis Arch
- Shasta Dam in California
The FAA is also considering requests from other federal agencies that want protection from drones as well.