Another Snow Day for Sioux Falls Public Schools
For the second day in a row, the weather is forcing Sioux Falls schools to close. There will be no school on Thursday (2/23/23).
The Sioux Falls School District announced Tuesday evening that there will be no school on Wednesday, February 22, 2023, because of the winter storm bearing down on South Dakota.
District officials say that they will meet again on Wednesday to make a decision on Thursday's classes.
A Blizzard Warning has been issued for Wednesday and Thursday.
MORE: Avera, Sanford Health Clinics Closing Early Wednesday
Snow and blowing snow are expected to continue overnight then pick up Wednesday. Travel is not advised in much of South Dakota.
"Hello SFSD Families – Due to the forecasted winter weather to include significant amounts of snow and high winds, there will be No School in the Sioux Falls School District tomorrow – Wednesday, February 22, 2023. This also means there will be no school activities or practices Wednesday. Our leadership team will be meeting again tomorrow as the system continues to develop to make decisions about school on Thursday. Please make sure friends and neighbors have this information as we do not want anyone caught off guard during a storm system. Stay home and stay safe." - Sioux Falls School District
MORE WEATHER COVERAGE FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE MEDIA SIOUX FALLS
- Where to Find Sioux Falls Winter Weather Info, Snow Alerts, and Road Reports
- Parts of I-29 and I-90 In South Dakota Closed Wednesday
- Major Sioux Falls Winter Storm Cancels Wednesday Bus Rides
- Wednesday Morning Snow Totals Around the Sioux Empire
- TIPS: What to Do if Your Power Goes Out During a Blizzard
- 10 You Must-Have Items For Your Winter Car Survival Kit in South Dakota
- 12 Fun Things to Do During a Sioux Falls Blizzard