7 Worst Brands of Sunscreen
Now that we are into the summer months, a lot of people are going to be enjoying some time out in the sun. Whether it be watching a baseball game, a day of fishing, or catching some rays at the waterpark. But the one thing that you must bring with you if you are planning any outdoor activity this summer for a long length of time is sunscreen.
Whether you're putting it on yourself or someone else, the importance of sunscreen has been drilled into most of us from an early age. But choosing a bottle to throw in your beach bag can be pretty overwhelming. For the past decade, Environmental Working Group has published a list of the best and worst products.
On the 1 to 10 scale, the below products are the worst for kids. The ones that scored a 7 or higher (with 10 being the worst) because they made high SPF claims or had higher amounts of the additives oxybenzone and retinyl palmitate.
- Banana Boat Kids Max Protect & Play Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 100
- Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen Stick, Wacky Foam, and Sunscreen lotion, SPF 55
- CVS Baby Sunstick Sunscreen and Spray, SPF 55
- Equate Kids Sunscreen Stick, SPF 55
- Hampton Sun Continuous Mist Sunscreen For Kids, SPF 70
- Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray and Stick products, SPF 70
- Up & Up Kids Sunscreen Stick, SPF 55
For a complete list of sunscreen products and are the best for you and the kids, go to ewg.org.