10 Essential Items You Need for Winter Travel in South Dakota
Traveling over the Christmas holiday reminded me of an important lesson: Don't leave town during the winter without having packed the Winter Survival Kit. And, the few necessary extras.
By the looks of the pictures below, you learn quickly that weather conditions across the upper plains can change drastically. Going from a clear blue South Dakota sky one minute and complete ice-covered roads and white-out conditions the next.
So, if you do plan to travel anytime this winter please make sure to be prepared. And you can begin with your Winter Survival Kit. Plus a few other things, should the weather turn bad and you find yourself stuck or stranded.
Cell phone & charger
First Aid Kit
Blankets or sleeping bag
Bag of cat litter
This may sound like a lot. But what if it's you who slides off into the ditch in a white-out?
Stay connected with these travel services:
- City of Sioux Falls Snow Alert and Removal Information
- South Dakota DOT on Twitter
- South Dakota DOT on Facebook
- South Dakota Safe Travel 511
TRENDING FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE SIOUX FALLS:
- Franklin Food Market in Sioux Falls Was Open on Christmas- The Reason is Surprising
- Man Tries To Pass More Fake Money At Sioux Falls Store
- Google Street View Car Spotted In Sioux Falls; See It Up Close
- Which State Has the Worst Winter? Nope, Not South Dakota