8 Things to Do This Weekend That Aren’t Pheasant Hunting
I know I live in South Dakota and pheasant hunting is kind of a big deal, but I honestly don't care. I figure there have to be some people out there that agree with me and would like something else to do. Never fear, I am here to tell you about other things going on this weekend that are not pheasant hunting.
In no particular order:
1. Go see a show! The Secret Garden is showing at The Sioux Empire Community Theatre. Tickets are only $15 and the show is for all ages!
2. Get scared! Twisted Nightmare Haunted House. This haunted house is located on Carolyn Avenue in the old Vault building. It is fundraiser for the Fraternal Order of Police. And you even get a discount with a donated canned food item.
3. Learn something! Spooky Science is an event at The Washington Pavilion. Ticket prices vary and the theme this year is Outer Space.
4. Get the girls together! The Expo for Her is an annual event at the Sioux Falls Convention center with tons of great vendors. Everything from make up and hair tips to photography to wine and booze! There is something for everyone! Plus, they even have key note speakers and demonstrations.
6. Get pucked! The Sioux Falls Stampede have a couple games this weekend. Whether you like hockey or not, the Stampede games are always a good time. There's a lot of audience participation and fun times to be had by all.
7. This one is for the dogs! The Halloween Spooktacular is a fundraiser for the Humane Society. There will be baked goods and crafts as well as the best part: a pet costume contest!
8. Get Walking! The Halloween Howdy Hike is a fun trail hike at The Outdoor Campus. The event is free and family friendly. Costumes are encouraged! Sadly, there isn't any candy, but there will be s'mores.
Those were a few ideas for you! I totally won't hold it against you though if you just decided to stay in and watch Justin Timberlake's concert special on Netflix. Which is on my to do list this weekend!