What Was Happening in Sioux Falls the Year the Internet Came to Town?
It’s hard to believe it has been a quarter of a century that the internet came into our lives. August 23, 2016 marks the 25 year anniversary of the beloved internet.
I remember people asking, “Do you really think this thing will catch on?”
I think it did.
Today there are over a billion websites.
But back in 1991, what was Sioux Falls talking about?
- Green Day performed a concert at the Nordic Hall. And they weren’t even the headliner! That honor went to The Stench.
- Sioux Falls residents remember the famous Halloween Snowstorm of 1991 in which 12.1 inches of snow fell with high winds. Chances are, you weren’t pleased about the weather unless you were trick-or-treating dressed as an Iditarod musher.
- The non-profit housing ministry, Habitat Sioux Falls is born.
- Garth Brooks packed 7,644 fans in the Sioux Falls Arena on May 18th.
- In support of their Recycler tour ZZ Top also performs at the Sioux Falls Arena.
- The 1991 O’ Gorman High School football team was described as “unstoppable” after compiling an 11 – 1 season and going on to win the South Dakota Class AA State Championship. Unbelievably, the Knights dealt a remarkable four shutouts in the playoffs which would become the only time in South Dakota High School Eleven-Man football history that has happened.
- Sports bars and living rooms were packed when Kirby Puckett and the Minnesota Twins won the World Series.
Fast forward a couple of decades and the Results Radio engineers load a trailer full of “fat-back” monitors opting for the new slim flat screens.
Subscribe to Hot 104.7 – KKLS-FM on