Things You Only See In South Dakota
Here is a bunch of random things we thought of and listeners sent in to us that only happen or can be seen in South Dakota:
- The state capitol Pierre (pronounced Pier) is pronounced incorrectly by the residents of the state.
- Traffic jams in small towns (caused by farm machinery).
- Laying out sun bathing on the patio with snow still on the patio.
- Casino and restaurant on every block
- You can be in the country in winter and be facing a snow covered road and your friend says: "Here, hold my beer. Watch this!"
- The state tree is the telephone pole.
- Two seasons: winter and road construction.
- We hunt our state bird for sport.
- Traffic jams caused by livestock getting loose.
- Wearing shorts when it's 30 degrees because it feels "nice out."
- Only in South Dakota is it OK for kids to drive a tractor to school.
Here's a bicycle with a steering wheel that the neighbor kids had when I was growing up. The pic is new, they wouldn't let their dad get rid of it.
Ice storms in April.