Perfect (Quick) Dish to Take to Thanksgiving Dinner
Are you not much of a cooking-type person? Or maybe you just don't have that much time to make something to take to your Thanksgiving get-together. Then might I suggest this simple, but delicious appetizer. It's quick and easy, there's only three ingredients and it adds a bit of spice to the day (well, if you're like me you'll still need to bring you hot sauce to dinner).
I don't know what exactly this dish is called. I found it when someone's new wife brought it to a family Thanksgiving when I was in high school. I call it Green Chile Cream Cheese Tortilla rolls. That's a great name because it's also the recipe.
Prep Time: Depends on if you have the stuff in your house, otherwise prep time includes going to the store and I don't know where you live in relation to a grocery store so you can figure that out yourself.
Cook Time: There's no cooking.
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 4 oz Can diced green chiles (drained)
- 12 inch flour tortillas
What to do:
- In a bowl mix drained green chilies and cream cheese until, it's all, um, mixed up.
- Spread some of the mixture on a tortilla. Cover as much of the tortilla as possible, spread the mixture thick, but don't go crazy.
- Roll the tortilla like a cigar, or like you're making a telescope out of a piece of paper, or like you're holding a magazine but you're nervous and don't know what to do with your hands. Roll it kind of tight, but again don't go crazy.
- Roll the tortilla with the mixture on the inside, in case that wasn't clear.
- Slice the rolled tortilla into pieces about an inch thick.
- Repeat the whole thing two or three more times, put the slices on a plate (preferably one that you don't mind not getting back) and hit the road to grandma's house.