The Five NFL Head-to-Head Series That Are One Sided
The Baltimore Ravens have never lost to the Dallas Cowboys and the streak will be put on the line this weekend. Here's all the current series that are one sided.
These series are considered between teams in which one team has never lost to another. There are currently five head-to-head series in which a team has not defeated the other. They are also all games between NFC/AFC teams.
NFC and AFC teams only meet once every four years unless they meet in the Super Bowl.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Dallas Cowboys (Baltimore 4-0)
Now if you go back in history the Dallas Cowboys have beat a Baltimore team before. That, however, was during the Baltimore Colts franchise days. Ever since the Ravens came into the league, the Cowboys have failed to defeat them.
- 11/19/00 - Ravens 27, Cowboys 0
- 11/21/04 - Ravens 30, Cowboys 10
- 12/20/08 - Ravens 33, Cowboys 24
- 10/14/12 - Ravens 31, Cowboys 29
- Next Meeting: November 20, 2016 in Dallas.
Houston Texans vs. Chicago Bears (Houston 4-0)
We'll see Houston a few times on this list. They entered the league in 2002 and, like mentioned before, haven't played some teams very often. The one they are on the advantage for is against the Chicago Bears.
- 12/19/04 - Texans 24, Bears 5
- 12/28/08 - Texans 31, Bears 24
- 11/11/12 - Texans 13, Bears 6
- 9/11/16 - Texans 23, Bears 14
- Next Meeting: 2020 Season
Minnesota Vikings vs. Houston Texans (Minnesota 4-0)
Even though the Vikings are 4-0 all time against Houston, the first two wins did not come easy. The last two meetings have been dominate Vikings victories.
- 10/10/04 - Vikings 34, Texans 28 OT
- 11/2/08 - Vikings 28, Texans 21
- 12/23/12 - Vikings 23, Texans 6
- 10/9/16 - Vikings 31, Texans 13
- Next Meeting: 2020 Season
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Houston Texans (Philadelphia 4-0)
This has been a very one-sided series so far. The Eagles lowest margin of victory was 10 points, which has occurred the last two times the teams have played.
- 9/29/02 - Eagles 35, Texans 17
- 9/10/06 - Eagles 24, Texans 10
- 12/2/10 - Eagles 34, Texans 24
- 11/2/14 - Eagles 31, Texans 21
- Next Meeting: 2018 Season
And finally, the longest running head-to-head dominate series dates back to 1973! It also involves a team that appears on this list.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Jets (Philadelphia 10-0)
This one took me by surprise. Just for the fact that the two franchises have been around for a long time. The first meeting was back in 1973 and featured a one point win for Philadelphia, and the teams would be separated by one point again in 1996. The Jets have been close a couple of times, but can't find a win against Philly.
- 12/9/73 - Eagles 24, Jets 23
- 12/18/77 - Eagles 27, Jets 0
- 11/12/78 - Eagles 17, Jets 9
- 12/20/87 - Eagles 38, Jets 27
- 10/3/93 - Eagles 35, Jets 30
- 12/14/96 - Eagles 21, Jets 20
- 10/26/03 - Eagles 24, Jets 17
- 10/14/07 - Eagles 16, Jets 9
- 12/18/11 - Eagles 45, Jets 19
- 9/27/15 - Eagles 24, Jets 17
- Next Meeting: 2019 Season