Taylor Swift Might Literally Live in a Castle
UPDATE: Taylor Swift has since refuted claims of a possible castle purchase by quoting her own lyrics.
The original story appears below.
Taylor Swift's "New Romantics" declares "'Cause, baby, I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me." But it seems the pop star might just make things easy on herself and buy one, instead.
According to the Mirror, the 1989 singer has a 16th-century Scottish castle worth more than $7 million in her sights. The site says she's considering the estate, which is just north of the city of Perth, to be closer to boyfriend Calvin Harris, whose family is rooted in nearby Edinburgh.
Here are a few other things about possible castle-owner Taylor Swift's castle:
- Taylor Swift's possible castle will include eight bedrooms and seven bathrooms
- Taylor Swift's possible castle is called the "Tower of Lethendy"
- Taylor Swift's possible castle will rest on 40 acres, which will include two gate lodges and two staff cottages (and also an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts and a heated swimming pool)
- Taylor Swift's possible castle is constructed in the style of a Scottish Baronial manor, duh
- Taylor Swift's possible castle was built in 1570, which is the same year Ivan the Terrible started the Massacre of Novgorod (uh-oh!)
Taylor Swift also has a giant $20 million apartment in New York City and a $17 million estate in Rhode Island, in case buying a castle doesn't go exactly as planned. Her New York pad includes homey touches such as a "fish tank filled with vintage baseballs," according to Rolling Stone.
Can you believe Swift's home might soon include turrets? Sound off in the comments.
See what these celebs said about their red carpet habits: