Stupid Laws Still On The Books in South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa
Our lawmakers pass some crazy laws...ok...stupid laws. According to Dumblaws.com here are some that are still on the books in Iowa, Minnesota, & South Dakota.
- No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
- Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner are forbidden.
- If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them.
- It is a crime to use a dead person’s handicapped parking sign or license plate
- A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
- One-armed piano players must perform for free.
- Kisses may last for no more than five minutes.
- It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp.
- Tanning bed facilities must warn of the risk of getting a sunburn.
- Ministers must obtain a permit to carry their liquor across state lines.
- Doctors who treat a person with gonorrhea must report this to the local board of health and include the disease’s “probable origin.”
- All boxes used to pick hops must be exactly 36 inches long.
- It is illegal to stand around any building without a good reason to be there.
- A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.
- It is illegal to sleep naked.
- All men driving motorcycles must wear shirts.
- Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.
- All bathtubs must not have feet.
- Airplanes may not be landed in city parks.