South Dakota’s Top Excuses for Being Late To Work
According to a national survey these are top reasons people in South Dakota and other states say they show up late to work:
- Lack of sleep
- Problems with transportation
- Bad weather
- Getting kids to school or daycare
While those are rational reasons to be tardy to work, CareerBuilder.com has a list of some of the Worst Real Excuses Given For Missing Work. Have you used any of these?
- I just put a casserole in the oven.
- My plastic surgery needs some tweaking to get it just right.
- My feet and legs fell asleep when I was sitting in the bathroom, and when I stood up, I broke my ankle.
- I was gambling at the casino all weekend and still have money left. I need to stay to win it back.
- I'm stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store.
- I got lucky last night and don't know where I am this morning.
- I put my uniform in the microwave to dry and it caught fire.
- I accidentally got on a plane.
- I woke up in a good mood and don't want to ruin it.