Sioux Falls’ Most Watchable Movies
I have a very specific and lovely memory of the movie Forest Gump. It was one of the last movies I ever saw with my late Mom. She bought the video for me while I was recovering from spinal surgery 18 years ago and we popped popcorn and watched it together. At the end of the movie, she said with tears in her eyes, "That was wonderful, I could watch that again."
The reason I bring this up? There is a new survey out ranking Forest Gump as the most rewatchable movie. While I do still love that movie, my most watchable movie is currently Mrs. Doubtfire with the late great Robin Williams. Whenever it is on the tube, (regardless of the fact that I own it & could watch it whenever I'd like) I stop and watch it and it never fails to make me laugh.
We asked our Facebook friends what movies they could watch over and over and these were just a few of their responses:
- Melissa Riggs Johnson -The Devil Wears Prada. My daughters and I can quote nearly the entire movie.
- Kim Evans Stamper -The Fifth Element... its crap but I love it!
- Gretchen Buhler Gammeter -The Princess Bride.
- Tim Helgeson -That Thing You Do
- Cami Rosheim -Dumb & Dumber and 10 Things I Hate About You
- Valori Christopherson Maher -Ever After!! Love a good romance!
- Christina Aljets Lien -Dirty Dancing and Beaches
- Tom Gunlicks -The original "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" with Hepburn, Tracy and Poitier.
- Mark T. Sternhagen -Star Wars Episode IV a New Hope, for some reason it is my go to movie when down.
- Laura Boysen -A League of Their Own and Beaches.
- Denise Vermeer -Young Frankenstein!
- Nick Heitkamp -Dumb and dumber!
- Scot Uthe -Field of Dreams, it has even more meaning to me since Dad passed away a year and a half ago.
- Gene Hetland -"Field of Dreams" for me.
- Allie Miller -Pitch Perfect. I watch it at least once a week.
- Chrissy Meyer -Steel Magnolias. Every single time its on, I have to stop and watch it, and then I lose a day, a box of kleenex, and I gain 10 lbs. from all the ice cream I have to eat just to console myself. WHY SHELBY!?! WHYYYYYYYYY?
Ben loves westerns, so of course Open Range, Tombstone, and Unforgiven are on his list.
A lot of of our female friends love Dirty Dancing, Beaches, and Pretty Woman. For guys, some of the favorites were Field of Dreams, Caddyshack, and Groundhog Day.
It was amazing to see the variety of go-to movies people have and love. Now I'd like to know the stories behind why they are, but that will have to wait, Mrs. Doubtfire is on!
Sources: Ranker.com & of course Facebook