Semifinal Round Set for All Classes of South Dakota High School Football
The 9-Man and Class 11B quarterfinal round took place on Monday night, and now we have the semifinals set for all classes in South Dakota.
We are just over one week away from crowning champions in seven classes at the DakotaDome in Vermillion. 11AAA, 11AA, and 11A will all play their semifinal games on Friday night, while 11B, 9AA, 9A, and 9B are set for Saturday night.
Class 11AAA will be very easy to find on Friday night as both games will take place at Howard Wood Field. Three of the four teams in the semifinals are from Sioux Falls. Both games are return match-ups from earlier this season.
Class 11AAA (Friday):
(4) Brandon Valley vs. (1) Sioux Falls Washington - 4:00
(3) Sioux Falls O'Gorman vs. (2) Sioux Falls Roosevelt - 7:00
In the 11AA ranks Yankton has had a rollercoaster type season. The Bucks finished the season strong and managed to secure the top seed. They will play at home against Harrisburg on Friday night. Pierre is the second seed and will play Mitchell. Both games are return match-ups from earlier this season. Yankton defeated Harrisburg 28-0 on October 22. Pierre managed to squeeze by Mitchell with a 29-21 win on October 16.
Class 11AA (Friday):
(4) Harrisburg @ (1) Yankton - 7:00
(3) Mitchell @ (2) Pierre - 7:00
Class 11A experienced a crazy quarterfinal round that is only going to lead to a great semifinal round. Lennox went out west and defeated St. Thomas More on a blocked kick. The Orioles will now get another shot against Kent Mueller's West Central Trojans. West Central defeated Lennox 35-7 on October 2. The other side of the bracket features one of the most anticipated games in all classes as Madison hosts Sioux Falls Christian. The two teams played a wild overtime game back on October 2. It was Madison that night winning 32-26.
Class 11A (Friday):
(4) Sioux Falls Christian @ (1) Madison - 7:00
(7) Lennox @ (3) West Central - 7:00
11B has been the Winner show so far as they have continued to roll through 11B teams. Winner finished the season 8-0 and defeated Parkston (46-0) and Bennett County (50-8) to get to the semifinals. They now get Groton Area, who went 6-2 on the season. The other side of the bracket features 7th seed Tri-Valley, coming off wins against Aberdeen Roncalli and Beresford, traveling to 6th seed Sioux Valley. Sioux Valley defeated Custer 44-21 on Monday night and McCook Central/Montrose in the first round.
Class 11B (Saturday):
(4) Groton Area @ (1) Winner - 6:00
(7) Tri-Valley @ (6) Sioux Valley - 6:00
Here are the 9-Man semifinal schedules:
(5) Wolsey-Wessington @ (1) Webster Area - 5:00
(6) Stanley County @ (2) Woonsocket/Wessington Springs/Sanborn Central - 3:30
(4) Waverly-South Shore @ (1) Canistota - 7:00
(3) Scotland @ (2) Sully Buttes - 6:00
(4) Corsica-Stickney @ (1) Langford Area - 6:30
(3) Colome @ (2) Harding County - 5:00