See Winona Park, Sioux Falls’ Smallest Park
Sioux Falls has many great parks. We have the magnificent Falls Park and the giant Yankton Trial Park, along with lots other wonderful places to enjoy some fresh South Dakota air.
Many of them are along the Big Sioux River and connected by our awesome bike trail. While many of the parks are huge oasis of green in the concrete city, there is one that smaller than a city block, but is connected to the city's past.
Do you know where the smallest park is in the city?
The smallest park in town is Winona Park. It takes up less than one-fourth of an acre in northeastern Sioux Falls. It's a triangular patch of grass and trees at the juncture of Fourth Street and Highland Avenue. It was donated by Mr. and Mrs. William H. Lyon in 1928. That is the same Mrs Lyon that ten years later, in 1938, would donate 49.57 acres of land on the west side of Sioux Falls, south of Highway 38, to be used as fairgrounds. Becoming the WH Lyon Fairgrounds.