‘Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed’ is 10 Years Old – Here are 10 MIND BLOWING Facts (that Aren’t True)
The movie Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed hit theaters in 2004. As the world prepares to celebrate it’s tenth anniversary here are ten mind blowing (fake) facts about the movie.
Subscribe to Hot 104.7 – KKLS-FM on
- The script was originally adapted from an article in The New Yorker about immigrant sandwich makers in the UP of Michigan.
- Buddy Ebsen had to quit early in the production because of an allergic reaction to the Scooby Doo makeup he had to wear.
- A soundtrack concept album was recorded by Green Day and shelved by producers because of the lack of fart sounds
- Early versions of the script featured Velma’s same sex wedding,Daphne’s Fergie-type rap career, Shaggy’s time in rehab and Fred’s adventures as a bounty hunter in Hawaii.
- The extended DVD version of the movie included a subplot about Shaggy and Scooby’s time in New Mexico that later became the inspiration for Breaking Bad.
- In order to secure a PG rating, the filmmakers had to edit out the scene where Fred was decapitated.
- To prepare for his audition for the roll of Shaggy, Daniel Day-Lewis lived in a van and did not shower for six months.
- As part of a hostile takeover; Mystery Inc. became a subsidiary of Nakatomi Trading Corp in 1997. It was then sold to MomCorp in 2005 and after a stock swap in 2010 it is now part of Cyberdyne Systems Corporation.
- Cameos from Batman, Meadowlark Lemon and Don Knotts were all cut for time; however Sandy Duncan can be seen in the crowd during the museum news conference.
- The title Monsters Unleashed was the third choice behind; Scooby Doo 2: We are Afraid of Them Ghosts and Scooby Doo 2: The Old Yeller Protocol.