Ride the Trolley in Sioux Falls This Summer
Watching and riding the Downtown Trolley every summer is part of what makes our community so special. The Downtown Trolley is owned by Downtown Sioux Falls, Inc and daily operations are conducted by a private limousine company.
"It took some time to determine the right business model for the Downtown Trolley because potential funding sources took several months to vet. Thanks to the dedicated work of our Trolley Task Force, we were able to formulate a model that can sustain the trolley year-to-year," said Joe Batcheller, President of DTSF.
- Children Five and under: Free
- Adult Fare: One dollar
- Discounted Fares with Booklet purchase: 20 dollars for 25 rides.
The trolley task force welcomes individuals or companies that would like to partner with the trolley service, by purchasing advertising on the trolley itself.
Batcheller says riding the trolley the summer of 2017 will be great.
"I think we can exceed sales goals with tickets and merchandise, prove this funding model works, and hopefully expand trolley service in future."
If you ride:
- Operating Dates: Friday May 26 to September 4th
- Hours: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Reserving the trolley for private functions will be available through Stellar Limousines at 605-335-4041.
- Ride in comfort, as the trolley is climate controlled with Air Conditioning and Heat as needed.
- The trolley map can help plan your trip.
Each year, funding needs to be garnered to help support the project. Last year, a call to financially support the endeavor was sent to the community and was answered by private funding, rescuing the trolley service. This year, the pro-active task force enters the season with funding to continue the program.