Random Act of Kindness Day on a Random Day!
I know there is a day for Random Acts of Kindness, but that takes the “random” out of it! And one of my favorite things in life is to be random. Every few months me and my daughters do our own Random Acts of Kindness Day. Especially when I might be feeling a little down it makes me smile and feel better. And there is nothing better than making someone else smile to make you feel good.
This is what we do. We make 12 different things to give out. One time we we bought a dozen roses and I had the girls make pictures to hand out and we brought them to 12 different people. We went to friends and family at their work or home. This July we made some treats I found on Pinterest and last Friday I also found treats on Pinterest I wanted to try and they were a big hit!
We chose to make Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies! First of all, YUM, and second they were very easy to make. The girls made 12 cards and I found some cookie bags you can get at Hobby Lobby or any craft or cooking store.
I encourage you to make them with your kids or niece and nephews. Show a child how great it is to do nice things for others for no reason other than to make someone smile. It’s a simple lesson. And one that will last a lifetime!
Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies (NOTE: I doubled the recipe to have at least 4 cookies in each bag and some for at home.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup Oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2″ balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
- Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.