Off the Tee: 2016 U.S. Open Preview, Photos of a Day at Hazeltine
If there's a major golf championship to be handed out in the United States, there's no place better to play for that title than at Pennsylvania's Oakmont Country Club. The course is the site of this week's 2016 U.S. Open, marking a record ninth time the tournament has come to this historic venue.
In the edition of 'Off The Tee', I talk with Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf Blog about what makes Oakmont so special, who to watch for this week, and about Joel's magical day playing Hazeltine National in the Twin Cities, three months before it plays host to the Ruder Cup.
In this discussion with Joel:
- Recapping the St. Jude Classic: Daniel Berger's breakthrough win, Phil Mickelson, Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson's with solid showings.
- U.S. Open: The beast that is Oakmont. What makes it so tough?
- The toughest rough and greens, plus the longest Par 3 in U.S. Open history
- A Winning score prediction for Oakmont?
- Jason Day is the favorite among the oddsmakers to win at Oakmont. Which seven players are listed at 25-to-1, or better, to win the U.S. Open?