Sioux Falls Mayor Mike Huether’s Top 10 Wins of 2016
Looking back, Sioux Falls should be proud of what we've accomplished. Mayor Mike Huether has released his top 10 wins that Sioux Falls City government captured in 2016:
- Sioux Falls City government lived within its financial means by making tough choices.
- A new City Administration Building, a first since 1936, will serve citizens and employees for decades to come.
- Economy flourishes with America’s lowest unemployment rate, four straight years of record development, and largest growth of new citizens in Sioux Falls history.
- Midco® Aquatic Center is completed on time and under budget and opens to rave reviews.
- Downtown Sioux Falls is the place to be and invest with $50 million in construction, the Washington Square project, Main Avenue Road Diet, and more.
- A $12 million hotel/conference center is the latest development near the PREMIER Center, strengthening our ability to compete for Division 1 NCAA events.
- The honeymoon continues for the 88th busiest Events Center in the world with $2.1 million in net revenue, and our good news is spreading throughout the industry.
- Monster infrastructure improvements in sanitary sewer, the 12th Street Bridge, and roads, roads, and more roads.
- Bevy of software implementations increases employee productivity, improves service delivery, and maximizes taxpayer dollars.
- Pension reform continues protecting retirees while fulfilling City government pension obligations.