5 Things You Might Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
1. Martin Luther King Jr. was actually born Michael Luther King Jr. on January 15th 1929, but later changed his name to Martin.
2. King was Time magazine's Man of the Year for 1963.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
3. MLK Day is also celebrated in Toronto, Canada, and Hiroshima, Japan.
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is to great a burden to bear.
4. King Never graduated high school, but instead went on to college, graduating with a B.A. at the age of 19.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only love can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
5. At the age of 35 Martin Luther King Jr., was the youngest man to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.
Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?