‘Girls Gone Wild’ Creator Joe Francis Convicted of Assault for Going Wild on Three Women
Joe Francis, creator of ‘Girls Gone Wild,’ was convicted of assault and false imprisonment on Monday (May 6) for a 2011 incident in which he took three women back to his house under false pretenses and then attacked them for trying to leave.
Stop us when we get to something that surprises you.
Francis reportedly met the trio of ladies at a Hollywood club before taking them to his limo, where they assumed they’d be driven to their car. Instead, he took them to his crib, where an altercation broke out after he tried to whisk one of the women away to privacy.
During the fight, he allegedly grabbed one of the girls “by the throat and hair and slammed her head into the tile floor several times.” And as the women were later shuffled away, Francis allegedly tried to keep them from calling the cops by issuing threats. Because he’s a peach like that.
Fast forward two years, and E! News says the 40-year-old Francis was convicted of all counts: one count of assault causing great bodily injury, three counts of false imprisonment and one count of dissuading a witness from reporting.
Prosecutor Carmen A. Trutanic stressed that celebrity or not, douchey criminals must have the book thrown at them. (Technically she said, “Whether a celebrity or not, you will be held accountable for your misdeeds,” but whatever.)
Joe is no stranger to courtroom proceedings, having been been busted for tax evasion and previously having the trustee of his (now bankrupt) porn franchise file for a restraining order against him.
In a statement about his recent conviction, he told E! News, “I have done NOTHING wrong! This is a total joke! It did not happen and that mentally challenged jury should be put in jail!”
Fortunately, he’ll be the one going to jail. Sentencing has yet to take place, but when it does, he faces up to five years in prison — where we’re sure he’ll enjoy leading the inmate wet jumpsuit contest.