Hy Vee Recalls Salad Topping, Certain Trail Mixes [LIST]
Hy-Vee, Inc., based in West Des Moines, Iowa, is voluntarily recalling one of its salad toppings and additional trail mix products across its eight-state region due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
The products include:
- Hy-Vee Garden Style Salad Topping
- Hy-Vee Trail Mix Bars, Hy-Vee Peanut Almond Dark Chocolate Protein Bars
- Hy-Vee Caramel Cashew Honey Crunch Trail Mix
- Hy-Vee Dark Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix
- Hy-Vee Raisin and Nut Trail Mix
- Hy-Vee Santa Fe Trail Mix.
The potential for contamination was discovered after Hy-Vee’s sunflower kernel supplier, SunOpta, announced they were recalling specific lots of sunflower kernels due to the potential for Listeria monocytogenes.
To date, no illnesses have been reported in connection with these products.
Customers who purchased any of these products should discard them or return them to their local Hy-Vee store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee Customer Care representatives 24/7 at 1-800-772-4098.
For additional details, codes, and pictures from the FDA regarding this recall, click here.