Here’s More For Your Fight Against The Flu
A few days back we had a story on dealing with this severe flu season. I would like to give you some more vital information on ways that you can best prepare yourself from getting the flu virus.
By the way, I came down with the flu myself this season and let me tell you, if you can avoid getting this stuff, your life will be much better. The flu that's out there in full force is very bad.
Getting your shot and hand washing are obviously important weapons in the war on flu, but what you eat and also what you do can be equally important. If you energize your immune system to the maximum, your chances of catching flu viruses minimize.
While you should always consult with your doctor about your health decisions, a health and fitness expert has offered up five ways to boost your immunity naturally.
Budge Collinson is the founder of Infusion Sciences. He suggests 5 Natural Ways to Boost Immunity:
• Vitamin D: This more than other Vitamins is key to preventing disease and maintaining strong bone strength. The best source of Vitamin D is sunlight but since it's rare in the Winter, you can get your daily dose of it through certain foods like Salmon, Tuna... It's also available through Vitamin Supplements, in pill or powder form.
• Garlic: Eating certain foods can give you the extra boost you need to keep your immune system strong. One of those foods is garlic because of its is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Those help prevent infections from taking hold and spreading.
• Sleep: When you're body is tired, it doesn't have the strength to fight off infection. This is why getting a good night's rest is key in keeping disease away.
• Get Moving: Exercise is well known to being key in keeping you healthy. But doing it on a daily basis can help give your immune system an extra boost.
• Water, Water, Water: You can never say it enough. It's increasingly important that you stay hydrated and drink water. That's at least 6 to 8, 8 ounce glasses a day. It keeps your energy up and also helps keep your immunity up.