Fire Evacuates Sioux Falls Apartment
Dozens of people were evacuated overnight at an apartment complex at 709 North Lewis Avenue in Sioux Falls.
Battalion Chief Jay Titus says firefighters forced entry to one of the apartments and found a small kitchen fire. There was minor damage to the kitchen area of the apartment. Titus says the rest of the building didn't sustain any damage. The apartment residents have been allowed to go back into the building.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue would like to remind residents to never leave food that is cooking, unattended.