A Arizona mother says energy drinks are to blame for her daughters death. 16-year-old Lanna Hamann, was on vacation in Rocky Point, Mexico, when her mother, got a phone call that said: her daughter was dead.

The cause? A heart attack, which she thinks came on as a result of the energy drinks Lanna was drinking on the beach. The friends with Lanna said she had not been drinking water. On Saturday night, the teen said she was not feeling well and then went into cardiac arrest and died.

On Tuesday, her mother traveled to Rocky Point to retrieve her daughter's body. A memorial was held for the 16-year-old sophomore, a star softball player at Sunrise Mountain High School, on Sunday.