Don’t Be a Jerk to Your Barista If You Care About What’s in That Cup
You just can’t start the day without your favorite caffeinated beverage! But how much consideration do you give to the person who is whipping it up for you? Are you guilty of habits that make baristas boil over?
The Today Show food team went out to get the scoop (get it, like coffee scoop) on what your barista is really thinking while they’re brewing up your half-caff, skim zebra mocha with extra espresso shot and cinnamon powder stirred in.
Here are some of the most annoying things customers do when ordering coffee:
- Talking on a cell phone & giving the barista the “just a minute” finger wave- Annoying at best and just plain rude at worst.
- Weird drink requests- If it takes you 5 minutes to explain how to make it, just don’t do it.
- Manners would be greatly appreciated- Saying “hello, please and thank you” – Is that to much to ask?
- Assuming that your barista is just some dumb college kid – Yes, some of them are, but, a lot of baristas take pride in being a service professional and have been doing exactly that for years.
- Not tipping – Tips make a huge difference to baristas and the effort that goes into making your beverage is worth it
- Ordering in Starbucks lingo, when you’re not in a Starbucks- Self explanatory.
Subscribe to Hot 104.7 – KKLS-FM on