Christian Ponder Cleared to Play
The Minnesota Vikings are coming off a tough loss at Baltimore, and now move on to NFC East-leading Philadelphia at home on Sunday.
Going forward, Christian Ponder was cleared to practice this week after missing last week with a concussion. In Ponder's place, Matt Cassel was 17-of-38 for 265 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions against the Ravens. No decision has been made regarding Sunday against the Eagles yet.
In other Vikings news, the team was left hobbling after their loss last week. A few injuries to keep an eye on as Vikings fans:
- Xavier Rhodes sprained his ankle.
- John Carlson suffered a concussion.
- Brandon Fusco is day-to-day, after exiting last week with a knee sprain.
- Adrian Peterson left the game against Baltimore early with a foot injury. The reigning MVP will have a CT scan. Peterson did receive good news. An MRI showed no signs of a Lisfranc injury or possible ligament tears.
- Toby Gerhart injured his hamstring vs. the Ravens.
Amid all the injuries, Harrison Smith could return Sunday. Frazier told ESPN 1500 that a decision will likely come on Friday or Saturday.