Are You Thinking About Quitting Your Job? Here are the Top-5 Reasons People Quit Their Jobs.
Let me tell ya right now, I love my job. Do you dig your job? I know there are a lot of you that wish they had a better gig.
According to new research conducted on behalf of Rasmussen College, almost 1 in 5 Americans say they are dissatisfied with their job.
Here are the Top-5 Reasons People Quit Their Jobs:
1. Not getting paid enough. 51% of people who've thought about quitting say it's because they don't make enough.
2. Not getting promoted, 31%.
3. The job isn't fulfilling enough, 26%.
4. It's too stressful, 24%.
5. Not using their education or job skills, 21%. In fact, only 24% of the people surveyed said they're doing what they SET OUT to do.
Top Industries for Worker Satisfaction
1. Wholesale Trade - 87 percent satisfied
If you ever wonder where the widgets you buy in stores come from, these are the people who make it happen. They solve supply problems for businesses and often earn commission for meeting sales goals, which certainly helps with satisfaction.
2. Legal Services – 83 percent
Lawyers, paralegals, and other workers in the legal service field are largely satisfied with their work. While it may require long hours, the relatively high pay and challenging nature of their work appears to be enough to keep them satisfied.
3. Hospitality – 83 percent
Respondents working in the hospitality field were largely satisfied with their jobs. It appears careers like hotel and restaurant management remain rewarding, despite the demands of patrons.
4. Arts, Entertainment, Sports & Recreation – 82 percent
While positions in this field may not be abundant, the satisfaction is level is understandably high—if you can make a career out of your passion, you’re likely to enjoy it.
5. Banking / Finance / Insurance / Accounting – 79 percent
Respondents working in financial services were also near the top of satisfaction rankings. Workers in this field are typically well compensated and in stable industries, two major factors in worker satisfaction.