2013 Sioux Falls Fourth of July Family Parade and Picnic
Join Sioux Falls Mayor Mike Huether for the 2013 Fourth of July Family Parade and Picnic.
“The Fourth of July Family Parade and Picnic is a favorite of mine,” says Mayor Mike Huether. “Our city celebrates our country’s independence in an incredibly special way, so this is one event you won’t want to miss!”
The parade will start at 10am on Thursday July 4th. The parade route starts at 13th Street and goes down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park where a free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people. There will also be live music, entertainment and a 5K run/walk.
Here is the schedule of events for July 4, 2013 from Siouxfalls.org:
- 8 a.m. – 5K fun run/walk will begin at Falls Park. Preregister and receive a free T-shirt.
- 10 a.m. – Parade will begin at 13th Street and will travel down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park. To join in the parade, please register online.
- 11 a.m. – A free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people in attendance.
- 11:30 a.m. – The Sioux Falls Municipal Band will perform.
- 12 p.m. – A short program will include the presentation of the flags, the singing of the national anthem, and a welcome address by Mayor Mike.
- 12:30 p.m. – Mogen’s Heroes will perform.
- 1:30 p.m. – Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare will be performed in the Queen Bee Mill.