10 Things I’ve Learned During My First Year On-Air
Today is my one year anniversary of being part of the Hot 104.7 Morning Show.
Here are 10 things I’ve learned and observed over the last year as part of the on-air staff.
1. Being on-air is way more fun than working at the front desk.
2. Andy isn’t as big of a jerk as I thought he was when I worked at the front desk.
3. If you do or say something stupid, Sioux Falls and the surrounding area will let you know. i.e. The state bird of Iowa, which is the Goldfinch. I will never forget.
4. Taking part in Cure Kid’s Cancer was a great experience. I was nervous at first, but it is actually a very great event for an even greater cause and getting to know the kids and their families was truly amazing.
5. Trying to find a production room on Fridays can really suck.
6. I tend to overthink and get very anxious about things when I don’t need to. Everything turned out fine and nobody is going to die if I hit the wrong button. This isn’t rocket science.
7. Getting up really early doesn’t get easier.
8. Naps are awesome.
9. I can’t believe I actually found a job where my useless pop culture knowledge can be put to good use.
10. I love hearing from the listeners about topics on the show and meeting them when we do events such as Bitterball. The listeners make our show what it is and they never cease to amaze, entertain, and educate. Thank You!
In honor of the anniversary, I brought treats into the studio today! You’re welcome, Andy!
And there is obviously more I could write here, but I’m saving it for my two year anniversary!